ART CONSERVATION ASSISTANT | A full time position located in Beverly, MA
Our company is seeking an individual to assist with several aspects of our fine art
conservation studio. This position will involve assisting the Lead Conservators with various aspects of
painting, picture frame and object restoration, as well other duties related to the operation of our business.
You will also be assisting our Lead Custom Framer with all aspects of custom framing. Prior art
conservation and or picture framing experience is desirable but not mandatory. This is a part-time position
located in Beverly, MA.
- Assist the Lead Conservators with various aspects of fine art conservation projects
- Assist the Lead Custom Framer with all aspects of picture framing
- Assist with maintaining the neatness, organization, and cleanliness of the Conservation Studio on an on-going basis
- Assist with handling, wrapping, and storage of artwork
- Pickup and drop off artwork as necessary
- Assist with artwork de-installation and installation at customer locations
- Assist with maintenance of studio supplies, tools and equipment
- Assist with organization and neatness of art storage areas
- Have achieved a minimum educational level of a Bachelors degree, preferably within a Visual Arts discipline
- Have a definite passion for the Visual Arts
- Have a good working knowledge of basic art making techniques, such as drawing, painting, printmaking and sculpture
- Candidates should be very good at working with their hands and have excellent two and three-dimensional artistic skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing pickup and drop off artwork as necessary
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Prior picture framing experience
- The ability to identify the style and media of artwork
- A basic working knowledge of Art History
- Gilding and toning of picture frames
- Woodworking skills
- Digital photography skills
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include paid time off and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload a cover letter, resume and 10 digital images of your artwork and or art conservation projects (PDF or Jpg) below. Alternatively you can also email a cover letter, resume and 10 digital images of your artwork and or art conservation projects to [email protected] with “ART CONSERVATION ASSISTANT” in the subject field; your cover letter and resume should be separate attachments and not be posted in the body of an email.